Ambulance service chief announces departure days after report released
14th November 2018
THE Chief Executive of Kent’s ambulance service is to step down, with the Trust in special measures.
Daren Mochrie will leave South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust [SECAMB] in the spring, around 18 months after he started.
A report from the Care Quality Commission [CQC], released last week, rated the Trust as ‘requires improvement’ – following an inspection in the summer.
While the Trust remains in special measures, the result is a ‘step forward’ from their rating of ‘inadequate’ in 2016 and also in 2017.
SECAMB was praised for some areas of its work, including support for maternity patients, which was described as ‘excellent’.
Mr Mochrie said at the time: “I am pleased that the CQC have found a significant number of improvements since their last inspection.
“I am confident that the Trust is on the right path to make further progress.”
However, his tenure was to last only a few more days – with his departure being announced on Monday [November 12]. He has instead taken a job at North West Ambulance Service.
The recruitment process to appoint Mr Mochrie’s successor has started.
SECAMB Chair David Astley said: “While I was disappointed to hear of Daren’s decision, I am pleased that he has the opportunity to further his career.”