Remembrance Sunday saw thousands turn out across the Borough to pay their respects to servicemen and women who lost their lives in wars.
Those in attendance gathered at the War Memorial at Town Hall, on Sunday November 12 at the main Remembrance service in Tunbridge Wells.
The Reverend Jeremy Ive led the service and he was joined by the Mayor (Cllr) Hugh Patterson, members of the Royal British Legion, Civic leaders, political parties, the RTW Orpheus Male Choir and the Salvation Army Band.
The service began at 10.50am, and on the eleventh hour the traditional two-minute silence was observed.
More than 1,000 people took part in the parade, including members of Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, the army reserve, the town’s five military cadet units, St John Ambulance, and lots of different town organisations.
Heading up the parade were 24 veterans, including members from the town’s former adopted warship HMS Brilliant.
This year mention was made of the bench, located outside the Town Hall in Civic Way, which was funded by the former crew of Brilliant and their supporters to remember those who have served and are no longer with us.
Lieutenant Commander (SCC) Jon Vanns told the Times: “It’s an honour to parade with those who have served their country and remember those who have fallen in battle but also those who have now died that took part in conflicts from 1914 to the present.”
After the main service, wreaths were laid at the four war memorials at Tunbridge Wells Cemetery.