DOUBLE killer David Fuller, who sexually abused the bodies of at least 101 women and girls in hospital mortuaries has been sentenced for further crimes committed at Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
Fuller, 68, is already serving a whole life sentence for the murders of Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, in two separate attacks in Tunbridge Wells in 1987.
After being linked to the murders in 2020, police uncovered the systematic abuse of female bodies aged between nine and 100 at the now-closed Kent and Sussex Hospital, and the Tunbridge Wells Hospital in Pembury, where he had worked in maintenance since 1989.
On Wednesday, he was sentenced to a further four years in prison after pleading guilty to sexually abusing the bodies of 23 more women aged between 45 and 92, 10 of whom have never been identified.
During the sentencing hearing at the Old Bailey, relatives of some of the victims expressed their ‘absolute disgust’ at Fuller’s actions, describing him as a ‘monster’.
In a televised sentencing, Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb said Fuller was never ‘disturbed or challenged’ during the offending, which amounted to a ‘habitual’ breach of trust and invasion of privacy for his own sexual gratification.
She told him: “You have no regard for the dignity of the dead.”
The Government has launched an independent inquiry into how Fuller went undetected until he was arrested on December 3, 2020 for what has been dubbed the ‘Bedsit Murders’, following new analysis of decades-old DNA evidence.
A report on the hospital trust is expected to be published next year.
Last month, it was announced that more than 90 family members whose loved ones were defiled by Fuller will receive compensation of up to £25,000.