Minty Lamb Stew – Serves 6 people
Served with crusty bread or on a bed of rice
- 1kg minty lamb, diced
- X2 carrots, thickly sliced
- X1 white onion, cut in chunky pieces
- X1 leek, sliced
- 300g of frozen peas
- New potatoes cut into 1/2
- 700ml of lamb stock
- X1 glass of white wine (large!)
- X2 tablespoons of plain flour
- X2 tablespoons of oil
- Toss the minty lamb cubes in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan to brown-off for 2 minutes, then transfer to one side.
- In the same pan, add all the veg to fry for a couple of minutes until they start to soften (but not the peas!).
- Pour over the lamb stock and wine, and then simmer for about 10 minutes until the veg are almost cooked.
- Tip the lamb into the pan with the peas, then turn down to simmer for about 40 minutes (or until tender).
- Add any seasoning, if needed (you may need to thicken with cornflower).